The look I created above was actually for a bridesmaid in a September wedding and as a young student at FIT, she expressed she wanted a look that was on trend and suitable for a fall wedding.
Best of all, the makeup captures many Fall 2016 makeup trends in a wearable way, so here is a master list of the makeup trends as seen above:
- Winged Eyeliner – This trend is definitely here to stay and can be seen as very clean and defined (like the look above) or more thick and dramatic.
- Dramatic Eyelashes – That is where a good pair of false eyelashes comes in! Mascara is great but to take any look up a notch, false eyelashes are a necessity!
- Ultra Dewey Skin – Although a matte complexion has been more popular lately, dewey skin has been more commonly seen on the runways these days. It is more youthful and fresh looking.
- Matte & Shimmer Eyeshadow Mix – Matte eyeshadow palettes are popping up everywhere but there is nothing like a good mix of matte and shimmer shadows blended to prevent the eyes looking too flat from the matte texture. Notice in the look above, the look is mainly matte contrasted with a strong brow highlight shimmer and a touch of shimmer in the inner corners.
- Vampy Lips – Plum and purple lip colors seem to always be more prized in the fall months and this season is no different. Although the plum lips above is very wearable, don’t be afraid to go darker this season!
- Subtle blush – This season, I have seen both extremes. Either a strong pop of color on the cheeks OR a subtle almost no blush kind of blush look. For the makeup shown above, we decided to go for a subtle blush since the eyes and lips carried the most drama.
- Natural Brows with Fullness – Brows are not overly defined and definitely not thin. Today’s brows have some fullness and look untouched (even if they are filled in ever so slightly, who would know otherwise)?
- Clear Lipgloss – Despite the overabundance of matte lip products in the beauty aisles these days, there is definitely still an appreciation for a simple clear lipgloss to complete any look.
In case you were wondering what products were used to create this Fall 2016 look, let me share the complete list of products I used to design the look featured in this post:
Complexion: Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer, Cinema Secrets Ultimate Foundation Palette (used as concealer and foundation, I mixed a couple shades from the palette), MAC Studio Careblend Powder in Medium Plus (to set the entire foundation), MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium Deep (for cheek contour, blended very softly), NARS Highlighting Blush in Albatross (cheek highlight), MAC Powder Blush in Sincere (just a touch blended in the center of cheeks)
Eyes: MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Painterly, MAC eyeshadows: Jest (lid), Nylon and Vex (I mixed both for the brow highlight), Haux (crease), Blackberry (outer crease), Crystal Avalanche (slightly in the inner corners), MAC Pro Longwear Fluidline in Blacktrack (top liner, thin and extended out on the sides winged), [FYI, no bottom eyeliner], Kiss false lashes #11, Sephora Outrageous Volume Mascara in Ultra Black (on top lashes coated over the false eyelashes and lightly on the bottom lashes)